I feel that I haven’t written a recipe in ages! I don’t know why because I have been cooking still, but probably because a lot of the recipes that have been posted on the blog were scheduled from before I had baby Pippa so I had chance to enjoy the time off. So glad I did that BTW!
Maybe because Easter has passed us by now and we are well into April, the weather is not freezing cold I’m starting to look forward to Summer. Summer is my favourite time of year because it includes BBQs, picnics, water fights and generally sitting in pub gardens (anything involving food basically…).
So I may not be able to fit into a bikini, drink a cocktail by a pool and sun myself whilst listening to Cheerleader on repeat by eating kebabs is a good alternative right? Right??
(ALL recipes that have an S next to them are slimming world friendly)
– 2 tbsps tandoori powder
-5 tbsps natural fat free yogurt
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 1/4 tsp coriander
– 4 chicken breasts
– 1 red pepper
– 1 yellow pepper
– 1/2 courgette
– 1 red onion
1. Mix the tandoori powder, yogurt, lemon juice and coriander in a bowl and set aside.
2. Chop the chicken breasts into large chunks and add to the tandoori yogurt mix. Mix until the chicken breasts are coated. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
3. Meanwhile chop the vegetables up until they are in large chunks so they can go on kebab sticks.
4. Preheat the grill on the high heat setting.
5. Skewer the chicken and vegetables to your liking until you have run out of chicken or room on the grill. See the photos for how I did mine – it’s really a personal preference.
6. Grill for 15-20 minutes. Turn the kebabs over half way through.
7. Enjoy with rice, couscous or on their own!
Let me know if you try this recipe.
I’m also on Instagram and post pictures of my life/food daily – check me out and follow me @Amikatie20
I’ve just started a Youtube Channel, Amikatie and post videos twice a week, including a weekly vlog! Check out the mess that is me over HERE