This is the first proper meal I’ve made since having my baby. It felt so good getting back into the kitchen and having some food that wasn’t delivered or in a packet… we are now spending the time between feeds more wisely! Although this has consisted of binge watching friends on Netflix and many cups of tea.
I chose to make this dish after seeing it in a restaurant a few months ago and thinking that looks so good, but never ordering it as I thought I could probably make that at home. You know what I was right! This was a perfect way to get back in the kitchen and blow the cobwebs of my apron. It makes quite a few portions so I’ll have plenty leftover for other meal times and lunches over the new few days.
– 2 garlic cloves
– 60g parmesan cheese
– 3 tsps dried basil (or fresh if you have it to hand)
– 30g walnuts + extra
– 100ml olive oil
– 2 tsps chilli flakes
1. In a food processor/blender, whizz the garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, basil and walnuts together.
2. I’ve not specified how many jalapeños you want to use. I used the jarred jalapeños and added about 10-15 into the food processor. You can add more or less depending on your spice preferences.
3. Add the olive oil, chilli flakes and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and taste, adding extra basil/chilli flakes/salt and pepper until at the taste you prefer.
4. Meanwhile cook your pasta as per the packet instructions.
5. When the pasta is cooked and drained, mix it with the jalapeño mix and extra walnuts.
6. Pour in a baking dish and cook in a oven, preheated to a 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this as it was really easy to make, especially with a newborn baby sleeping a few inches away.
I’m also on Instagram and post pictures of my life/food daily – check me out and follow me @Amikatie20
I’ve just started a Youtube Channel, Amikatie and post videos twice a week, including a weekly vlog! Check out the mess that is me over HERE