The more I think about this recipe, the more I think why do I buy shop bought lemon curd when it is this easy?
Then I think when did I become one of those people that makes their own Lemon Curd and has spare empty jam jars lying around… oh I also missed my friends house party (not to make Lemon Curd, but it feels that way) due to parental commitments and my life as a 24 year old seems further and further away.
However I received some exciting news today that annoyingly I have to keep secret for a while, but it’s food related and I can’t wait to share the news with you when I can! I hope you are all excited as I am, so stay tuned!
Let me know what you eat Lemon Curd with, I have it on toast but apparently that’s not right…
– 3 tablespoons cornflour
– 75g sugar
– 3 lemons (zest and juice)
– 50g unsalted butter
– 3 egg yolks
1. Mix in a bowl the cornflour and sugar.
2. Measure out 275ml of cold water and add just enough to the cornflour and sugar mix to make a paste. I did this by adding a tablespoon at a time until I had the right consistency.
3. After grating your lemon zest, add this to a medium size pan with the rest of the cold water. Heat on a low heat for around 5 minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice to the cornflour paste then add to the pan, whisking together. Continue to whisk until the mixture has thickened, ensuring to continually whisk so that there are no lumps
5. When thickened, add the egg yolks and butter and continue to whisk for a further minute until combined.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool before transferring to a jar or eating by the spoonfuls!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! I used this for a recipe I’ll be posting next week for Lemon Dodgers (Lemon curd Jammy Dodgers) and have being enjoying it on toast as well.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver’s recipe.
I’m also on Instagram and post pictures of my life/food daily – check me out and follow me @Amikatie20
I’ve just started a Youtube Channel, Amikatie and post videos twice a week, including a weekly vlog! Check out the mess that is me over HERE