It feels like a while since I’ve posted about a sweet thing I’ve made, but at the same time I feel I’m always baking? It may be because I’m trying to be prepared for when the baby arrives a lot of the posts are scheduled in advance so you haven’t read about what I’ve been baking. If only you knew….
Sticky Toffee Pudding always reminds me of going out to eat in a restaurant as it’s normally the dessert of choice for me. Again it’s not a dish I’ve ever tried to make, but something I wanted to do.
It’s quite a sickly dessert so I don’t think you need much, but I’m sure there are people who disagree. I’m a massive custard gal myself but this is a preference as I’m sure people will choose cream or ice cream with their desserts.
– 100g butter, softened
-175g light muscovado sugar
– 2 eggs
– 225g self-raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 3 tbsps of black treacle
– 275ml full fat milk
For the sauce:
– 100g butter
– 125g light muscovado sugar
– 1 tbsp black treacle
– 300ml double cream
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and butter a large shallow baking dish.
2. Cream the butter and muscovado sugar together in a bowl. When combined, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of sofa and black treacle.
– I personally think 3 tbsps is too much so I would recommend 2.
3. Using free-standing mixer or hand held mixer, combine the ingredients together.
4. Slowly add the full fat milk until combined.
5. Pour the mix into the baking dish and place in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes. Be careful that it doesn’t burn.
6. When out of the oven leave for 5 minutes to cool in the dish. Using medium/large size circular cutters, cut out 6 circles. Remove these from the baking dish and leave to cool. I kept all my scraps in a tub for general eating.
To make the sauce.
1. In a small pan, add all the ingredients together.
2. On a low heat, continue to mix all the ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Either serve immediately with the sponge or heat back up later when ready to serve.
Also you can follow my food pictures daily and general life over on Instagram – Amikatie20. Come say hi!
Let me know if you give this recipe a try. Also let me know if you want more candid photos of me cooking in the kitchen and outtakes of cooking.