Valentines day is not far away – I mean you probably have noticed that shops have been taken over by angry invasions of red love hearts and if you are not in a relationship you suddenly feel a need to think of a reason why not.
Andy and I do not really do Valentines day, we are more pancake day people ourselves but we do enjoy the food aspect and swap cards. If you are struggling to think of what to get your lover for V day or want to wallow in front of Netflix, tinder and some food then this is the recipe for you!
It’s a really easy lemon blueberry drizzle cake! It’s very moist…. and yummy!
The heart shape mold is from amazon – link here
– 125g butter
– 125g caster sugar
– 3 eggs
– 175g self raising flour + 1 tbsp flour
– zest of 1 lemon
– 100g blueberries
– 50g caster sugar
– 4 tbsps lemon juice
1. Preheat together your oven to 170 degrees and butter/line your heart mold
2. Cream together butter and caster sugar
3. Add eggs, self-raising flour (except 1 tbsp) and zest of lemon and mix
4. Fold the blueberries in the tbsp of flour and then fold into the mixture
5. Spoon into the mold and spread out until even. Cover with tinfoil and place in the middle of the oven
6. Bake for 40 minutes and then remove tin foil and cook for further 10-20 minutes until cooked
7. Meanwhile make sugar mixture by heating up caster sugar and lemon juice on the hob in a pan until sugar has dissolved.
8. When cake is ready, prick 5-6 times across the cake with either a cocktail stick or if you do have one a fork and pour sugar mix all over cake. Leave to cool for 30 minutes in the mold.
9. Remove from the mold and leave to cool completely then enjoy!
Let me know if this your new Valentines day love!