We are loving exploring new recipes and cheese is a heavy feature in most our meals, so I feel this is a healthy recipe in a way as it’s feta..
It definitely does not replace my love for a cheesy bean but this is my new second favourite topping. I’m all about quick and easy recipes and this is one of them. You could even have this as a new lunch idea to serve to friends and family.
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 2 x jacket potatoes
– 100g feta cheese
– 100g greek yogurt
– 50g roasted red peppers (from a jar – chopped finely)
– salt and black pepper
– 2 x steak medallions
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Prepare jacket potatoes by slicing a cross in the top of them, prodding holes in them with a fork and then rubbing in olive oil and salt. Place in the oven for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile prepare your steak medallions by cutting into strips and tossing in a bowl with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper and place in fridge ready to cook
4. In a bowl, crumble feta cheese, Greek yogurt, red peppers and black pepper and mix until formed a creamy consistency. Chill until needed.
5. When the jacket potatoes have about 10 minutes left, place steak strips in a heated frying pan. Cook until no blood is showing or to your taste.
6. Prepare jacket potatoes by cutting in half, placing steak strips and feta mix on top. Sprinkle basil on to taste and enjoy!
Let me know what you think