I’m so excited by this recipe and I know you will feel the same way, especially if you love Biscoff like I do. I know I’ll be using this recipe in the future and will become a household favourite.
It’s a really easy recipe, but it does take a bit more time and handling to make them but it’s so worth it. My Chief tester, Andy loved them and he is my harshest critic.
Ingredients for the biscuits:
– 125g sugar
– 125g butter
– 1 egg
– 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
– 125g Self-raising flour
– 125g Plan Flour
Ingredients for the biscoff icing:
– 300g icing sugar
– 50g Butter
– 100g Biscoff smooth spread
– 2-3tbsps milk
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line 2-3 trays with baking parchment
2. Cream the butter and sugar together.
3. Then add egg and vanilla essence
4. Add Self-raising and plain flour and fold into the mixture.
5. When all mixed together, it should form a stodgy bouncy dough. Place on a floured surface and roll until around 5mm thick.
6. Cut out your biscuit shapes and place on trays with about 2-3cm apart from each other.
7. If you cook all your biscuits in the oven at once it will take longer. Time for 1 tray is 8-10 minutes, but longer if you have more trays in the oven. You want them to go golden, but not to catch on the edges
8. When done, remove and leave to cool.
1. Place together in a food processor icing sugar, butter, biscoff spread and milk. Mix until buttercream consistency.
2. When biscuits are cooled, spread around 0.5 tsp of buttercream onto a cookie – more or less depending on size. Then place another biscuit on top to create your sandwich biscuit. Careful not to let the buttercream burst over the edges.
Then enjoy by yourself whilst you “Netflix and Chill” or share with friends/pets/loved ones.