This what a dish that was thrown together on Sunday night last week as it was heavily snowing where we lived and we had to make do with what ingredients we had in the house. I think I did quite a good job with what I had in the cupboards and it is something that we are going to have again.
It is gluten free, but it’s not dairy free. It is rather a cheese heavy dish – but who doesn’t love cheese right?!
I think this is comfort food but a dish I’m going to serve to family and friends for dinner in the future. It’s actually ready easy to make, but delicious. I warn you it’s quite rich in flavour.
– Spaghetti (enough for 2-3 people) – Gluten free or normal
– 700ml Veg stock
– 1 red onion
– 3 spring onions
– 125g Goats cheese
– 50g Parmesan (grated)
– 8 Sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped).
– Salt and Pepper
1. Heat a deep pan with frylight and saute your finely chopped onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes. I’ve not specified how much garlic – personal choice.
2. Add goats cheese, Parmesan and spring onion and add the veg stock to the pan. Stir together.
3. Add spaghetti to the pan and push down until covered by cheesy stock mixture. Reduce to simmer and leave for 12 minutes. Keep checking throughout and giving it a stir
4. Add spinach (I used frozen spinach cubes – but if you use fresh spinach, chop it finely add now) and sun dried tomatoes and stir in.
5. Season to taste and serve!
Hope you enjoy and let me know your thoughts.