We got in on Saturday and both felt like crap. We are both full of cold, I’m exhausted all the time from carrying round a half developed human and we just wanted to slob on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon. Now this may be the time in the past when we would have rang for a takeaway, but when you have just spend the last few days away from home eating home cooked food is a must!
After nipping to the local supermarket, we decided on Chicken Fried Rice as it was Saturday night, but we wanted something reasonably healthy.
This is perfect for a weekday meal or if you are serving it for guests. It requires little effort, but it so satisfying. Almost as good as the takeaway option… almost.
– 2 chicken breasts
– 1 onion (diced)
– 1 carrot (peeled and chopped into small pieces)
– 2 eggs (whisked)
– Frozen peas
– Frozen Sweetcorn
– 1 mug of rice
– 4 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
– Salt and Pepper
1. Prepare and chop your chicken breasts, onion and carrot.
2. Meanwhile start boiling water for rice and add rice when ready.
3. Heat in a frying pan a small amount of olive oil or frying spray. Add your chicken, onion and carrot to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until cooked.
4. Move ingredients to the side and add the whisked egg. Using a spatula whisk the egg until begins to cook and stir in with the other ingredients.
5. Add the frozen sweetcorn and frozen peas (depending on your preference) and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until defrosted.
6. Add the cooked rice and Worcestershire sauce and mix with the other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
When you think it’s ready serve with the option of sweet chilli sauce!
Let me know what you think and if you try it