All my friends/family know that meatballs are my specialty. I think I make a version of them once a week? I just love how easy they are to make and who doesn’t love meatballs?
This recipe has a little bit of a kick, but it isn’t too spicy. You can adapt it however you like if you are not keen on spice. I’m one of those people who says it isn’t spicy and then a few minutes later you are crying from the heat…
I had these for lunch and they were lush! I had plenty leftover and will have them for the next day, probably freezing the rest… I like food but not this much! They are a great meal or snack, but maybe make them bit smaller if you want them as a snack.
– Less than 5% Turkey mince
– 1tsp Thai spice
– Salt and Pepper
– 1 Red onion
– 1 Red pepper
– 1/2 can of chopped tomato
– 1 tbsp tomato puree
– 1 tbsp Oregano
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees and spray a baking tray using frylight. I use this as it’s easy to squirt a baking tray and less fatty than olive oil.
- In a bowl mix turkey mince, Thai spice, salt and pepper with your hands.
- My favourite bit – Shaping your meatballs! I make 16 meatballs using this recipe but it will make more/less depending on the size of your balls.
- When your balls are ready, pop them in the oven for 25-30 minutes until brown.
- Meanwhile make your chunky tomato sauce. Chop your onion and pepper finely.
- In a pan, spray the frylight and add onion and pepper. Saute the onion and pepper for a 3-5 minutes on a low heat.
- Next add the chopped tomato, tomato puree, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir for a few minutes until combined and take off the heat. If you want the sauce to go a bit further, add boiling water.
- Serve meatballs with the tomato sauce.
I had mine on it’s own but normally I would add pasta, rice or a side salad.
Let me know if you give this a go