Sorry it has been a whole week since I last posted! I did promise myself I woul
d try and get into a routine of twice a week of writing and posting blogs to start with. However it is my last week of my final placement this week and I’m a month countdown until my dissertation is due in (eeek!) so I’m all out of wack.
I guess it’s sort of expected when it’s your birthday at work or you leave a job in the UK you get the office cake? I don’t know where this came from but I love it! However most of my office are in diet mode for summer so I wanted to make cakes that were delicious without the added guilt. Also blueberry muffins can be eaten for breakfast bonus!
Skinny Blueberry Muffins
250g self-raising flour
1.5tsp baking powder
50g low fat margarine
75g granulated sugar
235ml semi-skimmed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases
2. Mix flour, baking powder and margarine together and rub together until resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add sugar and blueberries.
4. Mix together eggs, milk and lemon juice and add to flour mixture. Stir gently!
5. Spoon mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake 20-25 minutes.
Giving them to the team on Monday as my farewell treat. Hope they enjoyed them as much as I did.
Love Katie xx
Note: All photos are my own.
Recipe is adapted from Bakingmad.com